Wednesday, April 18, 2012

When Two Quilters Get Together...

What do two quilters do when they get together on a visit?  Well go find a local quilt shop of course!  Even though my mom has been sick, she told me there was this fairly new quilt shop in her neighborhood, and asked if I'd like to take her to check it out.

...Well, she didn't have to ask me twice!  We went to Cotton Blossom Quilting Shop in Historic Shelbyville KY, and it was an adorable little shop.  (I'm loving this entire town by the way, and this shop is only a couple of blocks from my mom's home). They carry some lovely fabrics, in a nice mix of classic and modern.

There were beautiful samples, and tons of product around every corner.  The owners, Naomi & Kieth Cable have a great eye for display and setting up cute little vignettes to please the eye...
  
...And of course inspire.  ~ And I may just have left with a few fat quarters too.

If you are ever in the area, Historic Shelbyville Kentucky is a lovely place to visit (Beautiful Buildings, Antique Shops, and easy to access right off of I64), and Cotton Blossom Quilting Shop is like the cherry on top of an already sweet dessert :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Looks like a lovely outing.
Thank you for sharing!