Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Yet Another Creative Excursion

Well I got back home to Maryland this weekend, and right away I got to go on another Creative Excursion!  Even on a rainy day, walking around Washington DC is one of my favorite things to do.  My morning started yesterday at a Starbucks at 1700 Pennsylvania Ave :), then I took a stroll down the street past the White House... 

...Blair House, the guest house for visiting Heads of State...

 ...The Renwick Gallery (I love this building)...


 ...And I ended up Here!  The DAR is one of my very favorite museums.  I met friends from the Baltimore Applique Society, (and a visiting friend I hadn't seen in a while!) and we were treated to a wonderful presentation upstairs of some quilts that aren't displayed (We got to wear white gloves and really explore the quilts!), and then we were treated to a museum tour :) 

I left with some great photos that I was allowed to snap (but not publish), and this pattern to add to my collection!  I saw this quilt displayed in the museum, so I couldn't resist the pattern :)

...Now today I have to buckle down and get some work done for a change!

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

2 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds like a fun day! That quilt might take a while :)

Miriam said...

Wonderful!!
I would love to visit the DAR museum one day.
Have fun with the pattern. It is a beautiful quilt!