Wednesday, March 26, 2014

It Was A Quilty Kind of Weekend...

Our classroom looked like this on Friday as Starlyn and I worked all week to pack up and go vend at the Southern Comforter's Guild Quilt Show, "The Best Little Quilt Show in Maryland".

This was our little satellite home away from home all weekend.  Heather and I worked the show booth, while Starlyn worked the shop on Saturday.  This is the first time I've had a shop to keep open while vending at a show ~ it went pretty well, but I'll be a little more organized next show!

The show had a great mix of vendors, and of course show quilts!  My wonderful friends had award winning quilts in the show :) Here is Starlyn and her stunning Dresden Plate quilt that she made and Mary quilted.


This is Mary with one of her quilts that won awards! Mary was also the guild's quilt show chair this year, and on top of being busy running the show she did a Demo with me too!


 This is my cute little mini quilt that I had entered, "Dew on the Sweet Peas".

And this is my other entry, "Empty Purses, Full Stash".  I pieced this at our last quilt retreat from a Pat Sloan sponsored block swap that I had participated in several years ago...

...and finally got it quilted and bound this week. (I know, nothing like waiting until the last minute, right!)

And this is our Spring Water Designs team at the booth.  I love these guys!  It was lots of work, but fun people, fun times, and fabric made it a great weekend :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

No comments: