Wednesday, October 15, 2014

My Little Quilted Christmas Card Holder on Fabri-Quilt's Blog!


 
Christmas is coming...quickly!  And Fabri-Quilt is hosting a 12 Days of Christmas series over on their Inspired by Fabric Blog featuring projects made from their Holiday fabric lines.  They asked me to play and design something using one of their fabrics...and of course I said Yes!

 I used their Christmas Basics collection, and made this happy little Merry Christmas Tree.

And since I've been grappling with a way to display the Christmas Cards that we receive each year, I decided to make a quilted wall hanging Christmas Card Holder.

 Buttons on each of the quilted squares make nice little places to hold and display the cards.

These Wonder Clips from Clover provide just the right size of "clipage" to hold the cards, and the flat side lays nicely against the quilt. 

A little piece of ribbon through the hole in the clip lever makes the perfect little attachment to loop over the buttons on the quilt.

The cards will line up, and overlap across the quilt for a festive display of warm Christmas Wishes from friends and loved ones ~ or use the 24 squares to make your own Advent Calendar :)

Hop on over to the Fabri-Quilt Blog to get all the instructions to make your own ~ and there's a Free Drawing going on over there too!  I'd love to see the ones you make for the Holidays, so make sure you share some photos with me later :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

1 comment:

Rina Mason said...

This is such a cute idea,love how you used the Wonder Clips.