Friday, November 28, 2014

The Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt Kicked off Today!

Here are some "sights and sounds" from our Sew In Day for the kick off of the first Clue of the Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt she's calling the Grand Illusion Mystery ~ These are the sights anyway, the sounds were of laughter and good conversation :) 

Quilters gathered and played with fabrics, cut, and stitched on the units for the first clue...

 We saw several cool color choices








Here are my fabrics that I'm pulling from for mine.  I got all of my half square triangle units cut out today...

...and I got one of my Broken Dishes units finished ~ only 99 more to go :)

We'll be working on our units this week (Heather even caught the bug and is picking out fabrics to join in and play), and then next Friday, Dec 5th Bonnie will release the clue for Part 2 on her blog.  That's our regular Studio Stitch-In Day at the shop, so come and sew with us!

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

1 comment:

scottylover said...

Love all the different color choices shown. I am so trying to resist joining in. I have way too many WIPs to start another! I'll watch from afar, I think!

Sandy A