Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Gift From One Quilter to Another :)

This is another of the projects that I was working on last week.  It was a surprise though, so I couldn't show it to you until now.

I've traveled out this week to Kentucky to visit with my mom, and to take take her to her next chemo treatment (she's battling off Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma ~ very gallantly I might add!).  Well a few weeks ago I realized that I've never made a quilt for my mom ~ she's a quilter herself and doesn't really need a quilt from me, but since she's a quilter I knew she would appreciate it :)

So I gathered some really bright and happy fabrics, (some you might recognize from the Flamingo quilt), and I made up my Chutes & Ladders pattern in a throw size quilt.  I even used a vintage sheet that I had as the light yellow inner border.

...And the vintage sheet worked great for a soft and cuddly backing too.  And just as I thought, Mom did really appreciate it :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

**PS ~ If you haven't cast your vote yet for the AccuQuilt Barn Quilt Contest, I'd really appreciate a vote cast for my little design - #26 :) You can use this link and cast one vote per email address through tomorrow, (April 18th): 

No comments: