Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spring Garden Delight

If you know me, you know I do delight in my time spent in the Spring Garden.  This little quilt is inspired by my early Spring time garden.  It's called "Spring Garden Delight" (of course).

It's made with the beautiful floral fabrics of the "Spring Spectacular" fabric collection from Fabri-Quilt Fabrics.  It started it's journey here in my humble little garden (these previous photos were snapped in my back yard)...
 
...Then it was shipped away, made appearances in quilt shows in Seattle and then in Las Vegas with Fabri-Quilt, and then traveled on to be photographed in this beautiful setting for it's appearance in the current issue of Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting Magazine  (This beautiful photo is the magazine shot by Kathryn Gamble & Dean Tanner ~ this is a scan of the magazine page and is a lot softer compared to my harsher colored photos)...

...And rumor has it, it will be making an appearance in the upcoming season of the Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting TV show!  (The 2000 series of shows are taping now and will be available to PBS stations some time in June.)   It's kind of like the Roaming Gnome, I'll keep you posted on it's journey's and let you know when it returns home to me :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

1 comment:

Rita said...

Congratulations, Dawn. It's a beautiful quilt. It's a joy to see you get published more and more...I'm so happy for you.