Saturday, May 14, 2011

Favorite Quilt Inspiration

Sorry I haven't been blogging regularly lately, I've been away from the computer for a bit.  Right after getting home from my trip to the Paducah Quilt Show, my husband's grandmother died.  So last week was spent mostly with family, and whenever I did have a spare moment to myself I stole it away in the garden or at my sewing machine.  Things are getting back to normal here now, so I'm catching up on some blog reading...And I saw that Amy's Blogger Quilt Festival is going on this week!  What better therapy is there than looking at, and reading about quilts, right?

So I thought I'd jump in and share my favorite quilt that I made this past year.  This is my Abby's Owl Quilt.  If you're a follower of my blog, you've seen this quilt already ~ but it's my favorite for this year because it was inspired by my second granddaughter, Abigail Mae who is 8 months old now. (Can you believe that 8 months already!)  

This quilt then went on to become a pattern, and a kit on my website, and it hung in the Quiltwoman booth at last Fall's Quilt Market ~ that's a lot of getting around for one quilt, but it is hanging on the wall in Abby's room now :)  

And I've since made three more of these quilts as custom orders for other people.  I love the happy fabrics (Summer Song from Riley Blake Designs), so I think that's why I still like this quilt even after making it several times (I'm usually not one to enjoy making the same quilt over and over). 

...And this is Abby enjoying a warm afternoon this past week...pretty sweet inspiration for a quilt :)

Thanks to Amy for hosting the Blogger's Quilt Festival, and to all of the sponsors who are offering prizes.  Go to Amy's Blog to check out all of the other quilts in this week's virtual blog quilt show!

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

7 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

The quilt is beautiful Dawn and so is Abby!

Siobhan said...

It's beautiful, I love the colours you used :)

Kathy Schwartz said...

Your quilt is adorable...and so is your granddaughter!

Miri said...

Happy happy quilt and a beautiful happy granddaughter!

Amy said...

I love the quilt! and the owl is adorable.what a lovely granddaughter.

stitchinpenny said...

A very beautiful quilt. I love it. The center block just grabs my attention.

Karen said...

I can see why the quilt has become popular. It looks great. Love the colours you have chosen, too! Abby is quite a sweetie too!