This is my "new" Hoosier Cabinet base that I picked up through my local Freecycle group this summer. She's sitting pretty in an upstairs bedroom now, but needed a little TLC to get here.
This is how it looked when we hauled it home in July...
Inside there was no bottom, but there were plenty of spider webs.
A little scraping was in order. After removing contact paper, at least four distinct layers of paint, and a bit of rust it was time for the spray painting to commence.
The original color of the cabinet was Ivory, so that's what I decided to go with for the cabinet, and I used white appliance spray paint on the porcelain top. I re-used the original hardware, but because it was so marred up after removing the layers of paint, I painted that black.
Hubby took pity on me and put a bottom in it so now I can actually use it to store things, and he even fashioned this cool shelf that pulls out :) He did do a bit of joint repairing and tightening up too...because he's the best :)
All in all I'm happy with how it turned out. It only cost me a bit of elbow grease and the price of some stripper and spray paint. Now I have to keep an eye out for a Hoosier Cabinet Hutch to go on top!
While I had the spray paint out I painted this little shelf that I had in a closet to match it. I think it all looks good with this old mini quilt that I made years ago ~ I knew I was saving it for something :)