Monday, December 28, 2015

2016 UFO Challenge Prep

I love this time of year!  The New Year is upon us ~ a fresh slate, new energy, looking forward, a great time to take stock, and set some goals in action. 

As a quilter, I have a few UFO's (A Stack of Un-finished Objects), and pieced tops to be quilted.  I'm a "Starter"...I admit it...I love to pick fabrics, and start a new project ~ that's my favorite part of quilting.  I used to be a "Finisher" too, but about twelve years ago I started working in a quilt shop, and that hampered my Finishing Powers.  Don't get me wrong, I do finish a lot of projects, just not as many as I start.  There are just so many wonderful projects that come to my attention and inspire me to start them :)


...But I do love to hold up a Finished Quilt, and announce, "It's Done!"


...So to help in that endeavor, we've decided to have some fun at the shop in 2016 and get some quilts  finished at the same time!  

We're having a Get It Done UFO Challenge!  Let's have some fun and get some quilts finished at the same time...

If you want to play along, here's what to do and how it works: 
 
1. Make a list numbered 1 to 12, and beside each number write the name and short description of a UFO or project that you'd like to finish in 2016.  

2. Turn a copy of your list in to us at Spring Water Designs by January 5th.  Include your name, email and phone number on the list.  You can bring your list in to the shop, or email it to us at springwaterdesigns@gmail.com  It's that easy! (If you miss the Jan. 5th deadline, you can still turn a list in throughout the year by the 5th of the month to jump in and play starting that month.)

3. Each month, around the end of the first full week, we will choose a random number between 1 and 12 and announce it on our Facebook Page and post it in the shop ~ and that number will correspond to a project on your list that you will work on completing. 

4. If you get that month's project finished, bring it in and show it to us (or snap a photo and email that to us, or post it to our Facebook Page), and you'll be entered in our monthly Get It Done Drawing for some nice prizes!

Note: even if you don't get the entire quilt finished and bound, if you turn that month's unfinished parts into a quilt top, still bring it in to the shop, and you'll receive a coupon for a discount to purchase your backing fabric and batting :)

The above list is mine.  I'm posting it for an example of a list ~ some are tops that just need to be quilted and bound, and some are full projects that are currently just pieces that want to be quilts someday :)  
...I know I'll get some of them finished...but no pressure, my goal is just some fun Quilty Finishes in 2016!  

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn 

1 comment:

babeyruth said...

What a great idea! I'll have to create and turn in my list this weekend!