Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October UFO/WIP Wednesday All Rolled Into One Project

My UFO Challenge project for the month of October was to take my Walk in the Moonlight quilt to the next level by finishing all the blanket stitching.  (I started this quilt several years ago when I was hosting the Sloanies Club at the quilt shop where I worked, so it's also my WIP Wednesday project.)

 ...so this week I've been blanket stitching...

 ...and blanket stitching...

...until ~ Taa Daa!  All blanket stitching is now finished and tonight I'm piecing the backing, and putting all on the pile of "To Be Quilted" projects! (Well, one of the piles)

(The Walk in the Moonlight quilt is a Pat Sloan design, and the pattern can be found in her Learn to Applique with Pat Sloan book published by Leisure Arts.) 

Check out more October UFO projects at Judy's Patchwork Times Blog. The UFO number for November is #9 ~ On my list that is to piece the blocks for the Jo Morton Warm Wishes quilt that I started a while back.  If I can fit that in this month it could be finished just in time for Christmas decorating :)

And you can check out other WIP Wednesday projects from my friends on the Quiltsy Team.  Lots of Inspiration today!

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

PS ~ A little note about my Hurricane sewing on Monday.  We did lose our electric for a while, so I switched to knitting by oil lamp, but we got our power back up yesterday.  We were very lucky, our only damage from Sandy's gusts were downed tree branches that we have to pick up all over the yard.  Thanks to everyone for all the well wishes and prayers that were sent our way, please keep our neighbors in your thoughts and prayers, there are so many with damage.   

3 comments:

kwiltnkats said...

Gorgeous. I didn't realize Pat Sloan did anything with applique. I want to get into it more and like the results of wool applique. Blanket stitch sure looks nice if you take your time. Nice work Dawn. Happy Halloween, Sandi

Dar said...

That is absolutely beautiful. I love your colors and your blanket stitching look so good. You should be very happy with your finish.

AnnieO said...

Extremely complex quilt, really gorgeous fabrics you chose! Congrats on getting all the blanket stitching done--such a time-consuming endeavor.