Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Getting UFOs Finished on Retreat

I was retreating last weekend with my sewing buddies.  We had a blast spending time with good friends, good food, good music and of course fabric!  On Friday, I used my friend's HQ Avante with Pro-Stitcher (computerized quilting system) and practiced some of the things we were learning while out at HandiQuilter training :)

Using the Pro-Stitcher, I finished this quilt top that my Mom had hand pieced and hand appliqued.  With a bit of help from my friend Mary, I put Pro-Stitcher computerized designs in the borders and the corner blocks, then I practiced meandering around the applique and put curves in the inner borders.  I'm totally counting it for my UFO Challenge finish for September.  (I have this same quilt top that I made and that was on my list for this month's UFO, but I did my Mom's first.)  The pattern is called Second Hand Rose designed by Jo Morton, and it's made with Jo Morton fabrics as well.

I also worked on swap blocks, a Round Robin Row, and a Guild Challenge pillow while Retreating.  I'll show those later, when I finally get to unpacking all of my Retreat projects and snap a few pictures :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn   

No comments: