Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Adding to my Little Collections

I went on a couple of little creative excursions this past weekend (also known as treasure hunts or junkin').  I visited a new-to-me antique store, and my best friend and I hit a large flea market.  In the process I got a few ideas for some quilt blocks, and I came home with some new additions to my little collections. 

I got some more wooden spools with some beautiful colors of thread on them, still in nice condition!

I found this wooden darning egg.  I still didn't have one of these in my collection, so I had to get it.  Now, on the next junket I'm looking for a cool old iron trivet. 

So for now I'm keeping my little treasures on this wall display that used to be in my kitchen, that has now been relocated to my sewing room.  The old button card and needle pack on the top were treasures found in the drawer of my Grandmother's treadle machine back when I received it. 

This weekend I also scored this vintage pair of German scissors.  The price was just a couple of dollars and they are still sharp to the point and very usable.  I love the old patina, and now these scissors live right next to my sewing machine (replacing a contemporary pair of the same size that have been retired after being used to cut carpet, complete with staples ~ never a good idea by the way).

And just for fun, I couldn't leave this guy at the flea market.  I really did try to...I spotted him early in the morning, and proudly kept on walking.  But when he was still there at the end when we were leaving, I figured he was meant to come home with me...so he did :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

1 comment:

Karen said...

One of the bloggers has a whole collection of the darners. Some really interesting ones.