Friday, February 4, 2011

New Life for an Old Girl

In between other projects I've been working on patching up this Old Girl.  This is an example of one of the blocks where the fabrics have torn away.  Searching all the local stores trying to match the old fabrics has been quite an adventure.  Notice that the "batting" was an old blanket ~ I love that!

So here is the block all patched up.  My new fabrics added on top are not exact matches.  The little check is a bit lighter, and I couldn't find any plaids like the ones in the quilt, but I did find a shirt at Goodwill that had the same colors and feel.  I think it'll work since the over all quilt is very scrappy, and just a little wonky.  At least my patching will give her new life.  I'll show you the whole quilt when I have her all finished :)

And for the winner of my quilt book give away...Random.org gave me #2 ~ Pamela!  
Pamela said...
"I may have made a Resolution not to BUY any new books, but never said anything about winning them, right?" Yea for winning them!!  Pam I'll be emailing you for your address :) Enjoy the day! ~ Dawn

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Oh my, I'm excited! Thanks a lot - can't wait to snuggle up with a cup of tea and a couple of new books :)

luv2quilt2 said...

I love your old quilt! Just like so many that everyone used to have. Congratulations to the winner.

Karen said...

I think you did an excellent job on repairing the bow tie quilt! This quilt looks so soft and well loved. I am looking forward to seeing it! I would have never thought to look in Goodwill to find something to match. That was superb thinking!!!