Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Cottage Breeze

 
This is Cottage Breeze.  It's a large bed size quilt that I designed that measures 96" square, and it's made with the Anneke's Fabric Collection designed by Jennifer Chiaverini for Red Rooster Fabrics.  I'm so excited to be able to finally show and tell ~ it's one of my favorite quilts I've made!  This baby is going to be on my bed come this fall, I love the rich, traditional fabrics :)

I designed and pieced the top (and note ~ there's no applique on this one), and my friend Mary of Keep Me In Quilts quilted it for me.  She does beautiful long arm work!

The pattern for Cottage Breeze can be found in the August/September issue of Quilt Magazine which is hot off the presses and can be found on the news stands now!

Even though it's a large quilt, it's pretty easy to make ~ the simple center block and the large borders help it to go together really quickly :)

Kits for the quilt can be found here, and Anneke's Collection fabrics on bolts can be found here :)  But hurry, they're selling out quick!

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Page 18 in case anyone wants to know ;-) I LOVED this quilt the minute I saw it!! Great job!