1. Big News in the Quilty World: It's that time of year again ~ The AccuQuilt Barn Quilt Design Contest starts today! Design a Barn Quilt Block (or several) and submit between now and April 9th. One lucky winner will receive a $1,000 AccuQuilt Shopping Spree along with a trip for two to Omaha, NE, to visit AccuQuilt’s new headquarters for the public unveiling of the winning barn quilt design. In addition, the runner up contestant will receive a $250 AccuQuilt Shopping Spree...And the winning design will be proudly displayed on AccuQuilt’s new home office! Click on the button above (or on my sidebar) to go to the Barn Quilt Contest page for all of the entry info. The past two years I've waited until too late to submit and entry, so this year I wanted to jump in early. It's easy and fun, check it out and design a block with me!
2. And in other Quilty World news ~ Have you heard about this in honor of National Quilting Day? The Quilt Show with Alex and Ricky Free all weekend!
AccuQuilt and TheQuiltShow.com have teamed up to give you the ultimate experience for International Quilt Day! Join us March 16-18, 2012 as we celebrate all things quilting!
*Visit TheQuiltShow.com community for FREE and watch more than 100 shows hosted by Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims featuring the Top Quilting Teachers in the world
*Explore classrooms, unique tutorials, inspiring slideshows, and much more
*Enter the contest to win amazing prizes from companies you know and love—here a sampling of the prizes you can win:
- A BERNINA 550 sewing machine (yes! a new machine!)
- Gammill's Deluxe Chair—perfect for sewing at any machine
- Fantastic assortment of books from AQS Publishing, plus a 1-year membership to American Quilter's Society
- A selection of inspiring quilting books from C&T Publishing
- AccuQuilt's GO! Baby die cutting machine, GO! Value Die, GO! Birds die, and a 6x12 Cutting Mat
- Bundle of 41 fat quarters from Ricky's Blended Solids collection, compliments of Red Rooster
- Box of silk threads from Superior Threads
- One of five DVDs from Why Quilts Matter
- One of five Stitched: The Movie DVDs
3. And finally, something fun in my little corner of the Quilty World ~ I was interviewed (yea, little ole me!), and I'm being featured today on the Sew In The Snow Blog! So hop on over to Colleen's blog ~ bundle up ~ she's in Fairbanks Alaska :) and read the interview. (Colleen has a neat Etsy Shop too with some really cool items ~ I have my eye on some of the Knitting Needle cases among other things!)
**Then I thought a little give away would be fun, so come back over here to Spring Water Designs and leave a comment and answer one of the Fun Fact interview questions (with how you would answer it)...just for fun...Then on Sunday I'll randomly choose one winner for a fun little Quilty surprise :)
Enjoy the Day!