Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Round Robin Reveal

We had our monthly Baltimore Modern Quilt Guild meeting on Sunday and had our big reveal for the Round Robins.  I've never participated in a Round Robin and I thoroughly enjoyed it!  This is the little quilt that came home with me. 

It started with this center block that I made.  I wanted the soft green and yellow colors because it's going to hang in my sewing room.  I included some of the left over fabrics from my center block, but I didn't really give any instructions or requests and told the other gals to add any fabrics that they wanted...I wanted to be surprised.   

Each round had different perimeters,  ie: the second one after our center block was to be a border with squares and rectangles, then the third one was to have curves or circles, then the next was to add the setting corners which turned everything on point.  I love how mine turned out, and I'm going to practice on my HQ Sweet 16 quilting something (maybe I'll go for broke and try some feathers) in those large setting triangles :)

Then we had the exchange of our next round of Bee Blocks.  These are mine still in my green/yellow/purple colors.  I have to lay these out with the other rounds that I have and see if I have enough for a quilt yet.  The one on the bottom right is the block I made this time, you can see the ones I made to exchange in This Post.

Then like a cherry on top, I won the door prize and came home with this coveted BMQG tote bag ~ we always have such a fun time at these guild meetings :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

2 comments:

Corinne said...

The block on the "bottom right" that you did has me absolutely intrigued. I just grabbed the paper and pencil to try and figure out how you constructed it. I have one solution, but I'm not happy with it. Does the block have a name? Where can I get piecing instructions for it?

Corinne

Heather said...

Isn't it fun going home with so much loot?!