Friday, June 1, 2012

More Charity Quilts Sent Out in the World!

..."I get by with a little help from my friends"... I've been humming that Beetles song lately.  I have to give credit where credit is due ~ the other day my buddy Cameron came over and helped me match up kiddie books to these donated baby quilts and helped me package them all up for their trip to the Appalachian Mountains.  (He even donated some of the books to our cause!)
 
He held a few of them up for you to see.  These pre-quilted panels were donated to me by my friend Sheri (yes, she's the friend that quilted my quilt from yesterday's post)

Then, since I was so crazy busy at the time, I passed them on to my friend Starlyn to add the bindings when she got the chance... 

Starlyn had a sewing day with our friend Mary and together they bound all of the little quilts!

...And now with a little quilt that I had here added in, we have a box of twelve more baby quilts and books going off to the Christian Appalachian Project for their Mountain Baby Blanket initiative. Cameron came over and spent another day with me, and he even helped me by carrying the box in to the UPS Store ~ I got help on these truly from beginning to end!

If you have some crib-twin size quilts (or just tops are ok), or childrens books that you'd like to donate to the cause, contact me and I can give you the details.  I'm pleased to say, thanks to the donations from friends and readers, we've now sent 63 quilts, plus books, and some blankets and pillowcases to the Christian Appalachian Project to be distributed to the young mothers there ~ I have some great friends :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

No comments: