Thursday, May 31, 2012

Another UFO Finished :)

My May project for the UFO Challenge is finished!   May's challenge number was #2.

Number 2 on my list was to bind (and thus finish) my Spring quilt that was from a past Thimbleberries Club that I taught at the quilt shop where I used to work.  In the spirit of full disclosure, I'm hand binding it and there are a few pins still around the edge ~ but it will be finished tonight.  I just wanted to go ahead and get this picture snapped :)

The beautiful quilting was already done for me a while back by a good friend of mine, Sheri Thompson of Pieceful Completion. 

...And the quilt has just been waiting patiently in the wings for me to get to the binding.

I'm really enjoying the UFO Challenge.  It gives me a real reason to pull these unfinished projects out and get them finished and on a bed :)

The UFO Challenge number for June is #12:  Now I'll pull out my blue/white Winding Ways quilt top and figure out how I want to quilt it :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

5 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Lovely sampler quilt...congrats on the finish!

Laura said...

So pretty! Congratulations for another finish!

Lynda said...

This lovely! Not the usual Thimbleberries colours at all - a restful set. I particularly like the sampler block border - very unusual.

Diane Kelsey said...

An amazing sampler.

Sarah said...

Binding is usually the hold up at my house too! Congrats on the finish!