Monday, May 14, 2012

I've Been on R&R...


...I took a little vacation, did you miss me?  Bob was competing in his first National Rifle Match in Butner, NC so I decided to take a little break and tag along.  I actually left my computer at home, and enjoyed myself immensely! 

There was a whole lot of this going on.

...And of course on a rainy day I got some hotel room sewing in :)

Among other things I worked on piecing swap blocks for multiple swaps that I'm participating in.  (And some handwork for a project I can't show you just yet.)

We did have some lovely weather too, and enjoyed a beautiful day at a local lake (This is a little corner of Lake Holt). 

It was so peaceful and I played with my new camera a lot :)

We ate at a little Restaurant/Bait Shop there, and had the best steak and cheese ever...and there were baby geese!

I was surprised at how peaceful it can actually be on a gun range.  It was a wonderful little vacation with no crazy site seeing scheduled in, just lots of taking it easy and enjoying the moment...and of course a little applique and knitting :)

Now I'm refreshed and ready to get back to work...

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

No comments: