Friday, July 27, 2012

I Have a Friday Finish!

It's been kind of quiet here on the blog lately.  I have been sewing a lot, but not on anything that I can blog about right now.  But yesterday I took a little break and went to a Guild Summer Sew In day, and I started on my UFO Challenge piece for July. 

My #3 for the UFO Challenge for the month was to sew together my swap blocks for this quilt, and today I finished the top! I made the blocks with my friends Mary & Starlyn, and we swapped them so we got a nice variety of fabrics for the scrappy look. 

The quilt pattern is called High Cotton designed by Kim Diehl, and it's the cover quilt on her book called Simple Comforts (A book I highly recommend by the way).  So now that I've moved it from the unfinished-project pile of bins to the un-quilted pile of tops, I'm really sparked to tackle that pile :)  Can you relate ~ How many piles do you have going in your sewing space? 

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Wow and what a great finish too!! I have the very same problem. I have a stack of tops, ready for quilting, but the lure of starting a new project is often stronger :-) I think I have Kim's book. She has such pretty patterns.

Laura said...

Wow! It turned out great!

Anonymous said...

Cool, quilt. I love Kim Diehl's designs. I have a couple of her books myself. I'll have to look for this one.

Heather said...

This looks so good!

Quilter Kathy said...

This is a lovely quilt and so fun that your friends contributed to it! I am a piler, and have way too many piles in my sewing room....must clear off the cutting table!