Sunday, July 1, 2012

Spools!

Time for a little show and tell/sneak peek of my Row for the Baltimore Modern Quilt Guild Row Robin that's starting up at this month's meeting on July 8th.  I decided to start my quilt off with a sewing theme.

I had spied some cute spool blocks online, so I drafted some similar ones...

...and set mine in a row. 
 
Our starter row measures 9" x 36".  Now it will get passed on to other guild members to add a different row each month, and I'll get a finished quilt back in December :)

Rainbow Spools Rack
Here is a picture of the Rack of Spools quilt that was my inspiration for my little spool row.  I thought this was just stinkin' cute!  Kerry of the VeryKerryBerry Blog designed it and it's going to be a new pattern being released later this week. You can find it Here at her pattern blog Sew-Ichigo (Along with tons of other cute things!).  Here pattern will cover eight spools variations, foundation piecing, freezer paper piecing and Y seam spools.  You'll notice that in my row of spool I pieced differently and did not have any Y seams, but that causes me to have more visible seams running across the background fabric, so her pattern with Y seam technique will be well worth the investment :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

4 comments:

Laura said...

Really cute, Dawn! I need to get to work on mine!

Miriam said...

Love your spools! Great variety and I love the fabrics you have chosen!

Anonymous said...

OH, great minds, etc! I have that exact photo from VeryBerry on my desktop, considering spools for _my_ row. LOL You beat me to it.

:) Linda

SewCalGal said...

Sew cute.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com