Friday, November 30, 2012

A New Friend in my Quilt Cave

It occurred to me that I haven't blogged about my new friend!  I mentioned her on my Facebook Page, but I never posted about her here on my blog.  This is my new HQ Avante.

I haven't named her yet, but I've been spending lots of time with her lately, and we're becoming good friends ~ she's helping me immensely :)

I've quilt three quilts on her so far.  One I can't show you yet, I'm boxing that one up and shipping it off for photography for a magazine publication, but these two are for me.

This one is my High Cotton that I made with swapped blocks with Starlyn and Mary.  It's going to be my new throw quilt on my comfy chair ~ I love making quilts just for me.

...And this is my Jelly Roll Race quilt finished except for the binding.  This one's going to be a Christmas gift, but I'm not telling who the recipient is just yet ;)

It's so nice to be able to bring these quilts to a finish so easily, thanks to my new friend!

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

4 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Your new friend looks like lots of fun Dawn! Great quilting!

sewfunquilts said...

Isn't it wonderful to get new friends! Great work!

Jocelyn said...

Wow, what a great friend to have!

Carol said...

What a wonderful friend! That's so fun!