Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Little Winter Handwork

Another little project I finished last month was this bird applique block.  It's going to be in the raffle quilt that my quilt guild is making for our next quilt show.  It's a modified version of this Zebra Patterns block that Debra Gabel graciously allowed us to use for our quilt (It's from the Birds 2 collection).  The Zebra Patterns are written for fusible applique, but for our guild raffle quilt we are making them all with hand applique methods, and a different size.

I had a terrible time with the long thin points on the bird's chest this time. (Don't look too closely)  I'm usually pretty good at points, but that black fabric just kept fraying on me.  So I've turned my block in to our raffle quilt coordinator, Margo who is adding embroidered embellishments to the blocks.  I can't wait to see the finished block after she works her magic on my sad little points.  I'll post a picture of it some time in the future after it's all put together in the quilt :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn    

No comments: