Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Shades of Blue

This is my Shades of Blue quilt as it appears in the current issue of Quilt-it Today!  It's a fun, and easy to piece "Broken Log Cabin" style that can be made from scraps.  In this one I used a variety of styles of blue/white fabrics ~ some have a modern feel, and some are very traditional.  I think it's interesting to mix fabric styles in a quilt, especially when going for a scrappy look.  The quilt is made up of just two variations of the same block, so it's a super fast way to complete a larger quilt.  

Quilt-it Today March/April 2013 should be on news stands near you now.

Here's another look at it in totally different lighting in my studio right after I finished it.  You can see the fun dotty outer border that didn't get shown in the magazine shot...of course if dots aren't your thing, you could use anything to border your quilt ~ If you make one, send me a photo :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love it! Congrats on being published again!!!

Pat said...

Lovely quilt, Dawn. Such soothing colors.