Thursday, August 1, 2013

Some Radio Chit Chatting!

So I have some exciting news to share ~ I'm going to be chit chatting with Pat Sloan on her American Patchwork & Quilting Radio talk show on Monday afternoon!  You can go Here to listen to the show  live at 4:00 p.m. EST on Monday, August 5th ~ Don't worry, I'm sure I'll remind you a time or two before then, but you can also go back and listen to the podcast if you can't catch it on Monday :)

After chit chatting about quilty and designing stuff, I'll be staying on with Pat for a second segment to talk about the Stitching History Project along with Kristin Schenning, the Director of Education at the Maryland Historical Society.  The Star Spangled Banner Recreation Project is Kristin's brainchild, and she has done a fantastic job of coordinating it along with her right hand person, Sydney Jenkins.

...And speaking of the Flag Project, here is a progress photo that I took while I was there last Sunday (I got to go upstairs to the auditorium's projection room and take some photos for a little different prospective).  You can see stitchers busy working on a section of long stripes on the left, and the short stripes on the right, and someone was stitching on the last row of the blue field at the top of the photo.  This week, as we speak, the stars are being layed out and basted down to the blue field and the applique will commence.  I'll be going back again on Sunday and will take some more photos :)

And I'm excited to share that the Kickstarter campaign goal was met!  There are going to be other ways to support the project in the near future, so stay tuned :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

1 comment:

Pat said...

Way to go, Dawn!