Saturday, February 8, 2014

All Work and No Play...

Well lately it has been all work around here, so last night I took some time off to Play a little!  Today, I finished up this little quilt top for my Riley Blake challenge for the Baltimore Modern Guild meeting tomorrow (I know...nothing like waiting until the very last minute).

We were given fat eighths from each of the six prints that you see in the squares above (Thank you Riley Blake!), and we could add a solid, so I added this aqua color and started making squares...

I didn't get mine quilted up yet, and don't plan on entering it in the Riley Blake challenge contest, I just wanted to play for fun :)

I added the "UnRuly style word "Play" kind of Tonya Ricucci-ish and added it to the bottom border...And this is what I came up with ~  It was fun to just play today :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

2 comments:

Laura said...

Very cute! Yours is further along than mine is! I am hoping to get more done tomorrow morning. I am amazed you had any time to sew at all!!

9patchnurse said...

Love it!