Friday, January 22, 2010

The Art and Simplicity of One Block at a Time

So lately it's been all about making blocks. Slowly but surely they will become quilts one day.

This first one is an addition to my Dear Jane collection of blocks. It's J-13, and again I used the tutorial that can be found on the That Quilt Blog. It came together like a charm :)

This is my first block of the Thimbleberries Club quilt for this year. I'm working on the shop sample now, and the fabrics should all be in for us to start the club in March. In Month One we will be making two of these little trees.

Sometimes just focusing on one block at a time, and not the whole quilt makes for a more relaxing and enjoyable quilting experience.

Enjoy the Process & Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

1 comment:

Cindi said...

I love that DJ block. I've never seen one like it before. It would great as a quilt on it's own!