Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Getting Back into the Swing of Things

I've been away from Blogland for a few weeks.  It's been a time of hospitals, hospice, funeral homes, and saying farewell to my Dad.  He's at rest now, and I spent this last weekend spending precious time with family and sharing fond memories. 

A little time off has been in order.  I'm also indulging in the distraction of my girls visiting this week so Elsie can attend Vacation Bible School at our church. She's been enjoying the new Big Girl swing that Uncle Bobby and Grandpa hung in our front tree for her.

I am getting itchy to get back into my sewing room and I'm starting to read blogs again and soak up the wonderful inspiration that I receive from all of my internet friends. 

I'll be back into the swing of things soon, and have some new blog posts, please bear with me.  And thank you from the bottom of my heart by the way for your wonderful blogs that are sustaining me and giving me my "Quilty fix" during this time :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Dawn, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. I'm sure it has been a sad time for your family, but thankful that your Dad is at rest. Glad to see you back.

Pat said...

Welcome back......but know that when family things occur, we all understand that blogs need to take a back seat for as long as necessary. I'm glad you and the family got to spend some quality time together this past weekend remembering your dad.

Taryn said...

So sorry about your Dad, Dawn. Enjoy blog reading for now and save the posts for when you really feel like saying something.

Rita said...

Dawn, Please know I'll be keeping you and your family in prayers during this difficult time. Enjoy your time with your family.

FabricFascination said...

So sorry to hear about your Father Dawn.