Tuesday, July 19, 2011

True Confessions of a Stashaholic

Yes, I have a fabric stash...and sometimes it seems like my fabric stash has me!  It's actually stashed in several closets, among several rooms of my house.  (Stash is kind of a misnomer, because my fabrics are not just stashed away for some later date, I do use my stash on a daily basis).  Some of it is more organized than other parts...some of the closets are fairly easy to access.

 Some of my stash is sorted and organized in some sort of controllable order.  

 Then there are the days that it's just kind of taking over.  (By the way, this post is definitely NOT part of the Where Bloggers Create Blog Hop!)

 Sometimes it seems to be slowly invading like some sort of pest that needs to be eradicated.

But the very favorite parts of my stash are the small scraps that I have collected and overflowing in various baskets all over.  I think because these fabrics have all been used in some prior project that I made ~ so I must have liked them, right?

I love to root through my baskets looking for just the right little chunk.  I plan on cutting some of these into squares using my Accuquilt Go! to make them easy to sew up some scrap quilts while working on other projects. 
Well the good news is, if you have a stash of any size, Accuquilt is having a "Bust My Stash" Photo Challenge, and you can win these great prizes!  Have you stared at your fabric stash and wished that you had the time and energy to cut up your fabric for future projects?  AccuQuilt has the answer!  Click here to participate, or go to AccuQuilt’s Facebook page and click “Like”.  Then go to the ‘Bust My Stash’ tab under their profile picture and upload a picture of your fabric stash.  Submit your photo by Friday, July 22nd and you’ll be eligible to win a GO! Mix & Match 12” Starter Set.  The photo with the most votes by July 31st wins!  Photos will be voted on by viewers and fans of the AccuQuilt Facebook page using the following criteria: relevance, creativity, and originality.  Share with your friends during the voting period to increase your odds of winning!  Good Luck!
This old picture of Elsie illustrates why my scrap baskets are the favorite part of my stash ~ I think just for fun I'm going to enter this one :)
Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

1 comment:

rooee said...

your stash looks fairly well organized to me!! love your scrap basket idea and especially the last pic. :)