Friday, August 5, 2011

A Fun Friday Finish

Last Sunday I joined up with the Baltimore Modern Quilt Guild (waving at my new friends!) and one of the projects that we worked on were cloth books to donate to the South East Early Head Start in Baltimore.  While I was sewing pages, I decided to make extra ones for a book for my little Abby who is having her first birthday next week.  I got a few pages finished at the guild meeting, and today I finished all the pages and completed one book to take to Abby's birthday party tomorrow :)

 The pages are made of 2 inch finished scrap squares.  There's a red page,

 Pink and Blue,

 Green and Yellow,

 ...You get the idea :)

I even un-buried the embroidery machine and personalized the front cover and last page just for Abby :)  This is the first cloth book that I've made ~ It was pretty easy, and kind of addictive.  Now I'm sifting through all of my scrap bins to make an Eye Spy one! 

The pattern that I used to make this book was designed by Angela Pingel of Cut to Pieces and can be found in this magazine (along with 100 other really cool projects ~ what a bargain!).

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

6 comments:

Jean said...

This is so cute! Great job!

Jocelyn said...

How very cute. What a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You used our time together really well!! I'd like to combine the colors with a couple of eye spy blocks on each page for each great nephew and niece.

:) Linda

Angela said...

oh it's so fun!! thank you for sharing this. I love seeing people using a pattern that I have designed. And for such a great cause!

Pat said...

LOVE that book...and I'm sure your granddaughter will spend many happy hours with it! An eye spy book is a terrific idea, too. Be sure to show that as you are working on it, okay?

Heather said...

Dawn, this came out so great!! Can't wait to see it!