Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Playing with Fabric...

I've been doing a lot of playing with fabric lately ~ all kinds of fabrics.  My handwork time has been occupied with the sweet old fabrics in this delicate vintage quilt that needs a little TLC and stabilizing for a customer.  This is one of the "before" shots...stay tuned for some "after" photos later. 

Along with some other super new fabrics that I can't show yet, my machine time has been filled with these new challenge fabrics.  These cuts are from the Jeweltone colorway of the Habitat Collection designed by Jay McCarroll for Free Spirit Fabrics.  Very eclectic.  I'm working with these for a challenge through the Baltimore Modern Quilt Guild ~ I'll show you what I end up doing with them when I have it finished :)

Then in my playtime, I've been cutting up scraps with a traditional feel to make swap blocks.  This block is from the High Cotton quilt pattern in the book Simple Comforts by Kim Diehl.

I got to have a little sewing play date with a friend yesterday and I made six sets of blocks to swap with my friends.

...And the really cool thing about swaps: here are the blocks that I received today (yes, one over achiever friend is working ahead of us). 

So I've been doing a little bit of everything lately, and that's the way I like it :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

No comments: