Friday, May 22, 2009

Jo Morton Baskets Galore!

Had our evening Jo Morton Club last night. I missed getting pictures of the morning group, because I was away at Market last week when they had their club meeting ~ I hope you'll bring in those quilts for me to see next month ladies! This month is the last month to hand out a pattern for Jo's Little Women Club 8 and we are doing this little patriotic strippy quilt. We will have a last club 8 meeting in June to show and tell everything, and talk about what we'll be doing after that.
We got some of the basket quilts coming in! This is Dawn Burkett's little baskets. They were all done with the same print in different colorways. The colors are great!

This is Phillis Miller's all finished and quilted! It looks so festive and I just love the border with the red.
Denise Erdle set hers with the blue stars print and my all time favorite red fabric!

Kathy Fowler brought in a couple of past Jo Club projects all finished and hand quilted!

This one was one of Kathy's versions of the nine patches we did for several month's in JLW Club 6. I love the border treatment on this one too!

And we got to see a couple more Holiday Inn projects! Denise did hers with these nice crisp black frames and the gold colors in the flying geese borders look great with her outer border stripe.
Luanne Lindeman used the center medallion from Peppermint Twist (from Jo's book Remembrances) and did a little something different with the hour glass border - instead of turning them she set them end to end for a different effect.

I've so enjoyed seeing how everyone has done something different with the same pattern.

Jo's new book, Vintage Journey is in the shop as of yesterday, so stop by and get yours! We will be doing some individual projects from this book in the fall as an interium while waiting for Club 9. I'm taking feedback of your favorite project in this book now, so let me know what you think and we'll go with the most popular.

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I love all of the Jo Morton quilts! Thanks so much for sharing the photos.