Monday, October 10, 2011

Snow Days are Ahead!

Even though we just enjoyed a nice Autumn weekend here, Winter is on the way, and what's more cuddly than a cute Snowman quilt! 

This is my Winter Friends quilt as seen in the Dec/Jan 2012 issue of Quilt Magazine, on new stands now!  I made it to be a quick and easy, generously sized throw quilt (measures 70" square) that can be made in a weekend and used all winter long ~ mine will be right on the couch by the fireplace for those cozy winter nights :)  It's made from the cute Snow Days fabric collection from Marcus Fabrics, and you can get a Kit for it Here on our Website(While supplies last...)

As you can see, back when I made this quilt and snapped the photo it was Springtime, and getting warm here in Maryland (see our window open in the background), so I had to really rush to get it finished for the photographer and shipped off to Colorado in time for the photo shoot while there was still snow on the ground there (...so I can attest to the fact that it can be made up quickly) ~ I'm still getting used to working half a year ahead of myself!

You can find this issue of Quilt Magazine on most news stands (I found mine at the grocery store), and I know that Walmart, Joann's and Barnes & Noble usually carry it too...And I just love the scrap quilt on the cover this month made by Paula Barnes ~ it may just have to become my new "sew offs" project :)

PS ~ Don't forget to snag the Free Pattern for Month Two of our Quick Mystery BOM Runner!!

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I saw your pattern in my Quilt magazine! It's so cute!

JayTee said...

got my Quilt mag. Saturday and love that quilt. Snowmen warm my heart!

VickiT said...

Wow. What a beautiful quilt. LOVE IT!