Thursday, October 31, 2013

Some Sights & Sounds from Market

Here are a few sights of things I saw around the Market Floor last week.  This is Handmade from Vanessa Christenson of V and Co.  (I ordered some of her new fabric line Color Me Happy, along with some other Moda collections including Chance of Flowers & Summer Vacation Batiks!) 

These labels from Sweetwater called Handmade with Love are just stinkin cute, and I see lots of uses for them ~ yep I ordered them too :)

...And I fell in love with these Cuddles from Shannon fabrics, and brought some home to play with, and maybe just pet.

 Their entire booth was soft ~ they even made cacti soft and cuddly :)

 I came home with samples and swatch cards...

...and those all important books full of upcoming fabric lines...and business cards!  I met with several editors, marketing directors, and brand managers and have some new relationships and contacts to work with ~ mission accomplished! 

There was time to just wander the Market floor and see new products.  Here I'm watching a demo at the Clover booth from Nancy Zieman from Sewing with Nancy and Nancy's Notions :) 

And in the evenings there were chances to meet up with people too.  This is Robin my friend and colleague from Houston.  Robin is the designer behind Whimbrella and the President of our Quiltsy Team on Etsy.  Our Hubbys hit it off too :)

And I ran into a friend from Baltimore too!  This is Heather Kojan, founder and President of the Baltimore Modern Quilt Guild...and now published author :)

Heather is one of the authors of Classic Modern Quilts published by My Stars for Kansas City Stars Publishing. 
On Sunday, I got to go to Heather's book signing at the Kansas City booth.  Here she is signing the book with fellow author John Kubiniec of Big Rig Quilting.

Friends, Fabric, Goodies, and quilts...it was a good week :)

Don't forget to go to Yesterday's Post and leave a comment to get in on the running for my little Post Market Give Away!

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

No comments: