Friday, November 8, 2013

Another Rootin Tootin Version

It makes my day when someone takes one of my original patterns (like my Rootin Tootin Cowboy quilt pictured above) and makes it their own ~ and then shares photos with me!
 
Janell Roberts from Colorado sent me these photos of how she used the appliques from my pattern and made her version of the Rootin Tootin Cowboy quilt.  She made it for their Undersheriff who is expecting a baby.  Mother-to-be's hubby is a rancher, so she went with the cowboy theme.

Both parents-to-be are volunteer firemen, so Janell used this cuddly flannel on the back that has dalmatians and fire hydrants ~ her fabric choices are so well thought out, and just perfect ...and I need to find some of this flannel for my firefighter son :)

Janell shared with me that she has inherited over 1500 yards of fabric that she's using in the quilts she makes, which I think is so special in carrying forward our craft.  (It beautifully illustrates the value of our fabric stashes and the legacy that lives on through them.)  Thank you Janell for sharing your sweet quilt, I know it will be loved :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

PS ~ You can go to this past Blog Post if you want that shows a different version of my Abby's Owl quilt that another quilter friend shared with me :)

No comments: