Saturday, October 3, 2009

Freezer Paper/Copy Paper

I got some questions about my post from yesterday and how to put freezer paper through the printer. Above is a picture of a pack of freezer paper that I have that works in an ink jet printer (don't use it in a laser printer or copy machine that heat sets). This brand is from P3 designs, there is another popular brand from C. Jenkins company, and I'm sure there are other brands I'm not acquainted with. The freezer paper sheets are 8 1/2" x 11" and you use them just like regular paper in your printer, but then you can iron it to your fabric. Works like a charm! Freezer paper in packs like this is definitely more expensive than the Reynolds roll from the grocery store, but along with working in a printer it's also nice when tracing small shapes because you don't have to fight with any roll or creases in the paper.

Also, Nancy signed my block using a Prismacolor Premier Fine Line Marker 05 Brown. I also use Pigma pens for inking on fabric ~ Sepia is my favorite Pigma color.

And I thought I'd share a little surprise from yesterday. I came home to flowers! Last week I pet sat for my best friend while she was away on a trip. I just went to her house for a couple of minutes each day and fed her bird Huey and cat Ruby. They were no trouble at all, and Huey didn't even squawk at me this time, and for that I got flowers. Thanks Huey and Ruby (they signed the card) ~ Daisies are my favorites!

Now they are on my kitchen table keeping the orchid company, and they are both smiling at me when I walk in the front door :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

No comments: