Thursday, October 1, 2009

Some Autumn Show & Tell

Yesterday was our Sloanies Club and we are working on Pat Sloan's Harvest Moon. The pattern for this quilt can be found in the book Folksy Favorites. I have my top almost finished, just need to blanket stitch the letters and star, and do some embellishing.

I added wool for the pumpkin, basket and black cat. I find I like to do that especially on Autumn quilts.

We always have some show and tell at our club meetings and Ruth Green brought in some projects that she's been working on. This little Autumn panel was a fabric line designed by Jackie Paton for Red Rooster Fabrics. I love the way Ruth quilted it with a big spider web design.

This neat block is from a class that Ruth took. The way it is set a little off kilter makes it so interesting!

It makes for a really neat little quilt with a twist on the New York Beauty block.

And finally these cute little guys were made from the Whimsyland book by Lizzie B. Designs. Ruth liked the pin cushion so much that she adapted it to a tote bag. Again I love the use of wool here on the light blue denim fabric.

Enjoy the Day!
~ Dawn

No comments: