Thursday, November 5, 2009

And So the Adventure Begins...

This is what my kitchen looked like earlier this week. Actually it's looked pretty much like this for the past 20 years (note the wall border from the late 1980s). So we've decided it was time for a facelift. I've been packing, and packing (it's amazing how much stuff can fit in these cabinets).

And now it looks like this. New appliances and cabinets are on order, the floor installation is scheduled, and work is commencing. I'll still have my range and sink for another week or so, and then the real adventure begins. We're doing most of the work ourselves (actually my husband is doing most of it, but I'm a pretty darn good helper), but I have no idea how long this is going to take. There is yet more shopping to do, we have to pick out the sink and faucet, meet with the countertop people, and I'm still trying to decide on a wall color and curtains ~ so many choices, it's mind boggling but exciting! I'll try to get some sewing done in the midst of all of this, I think I'll need to escape to the sewing room for some sanity, and to get away from the drywall dust :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

No comments: