Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Quilt Finished in the Nick of Time

My hubby's birthday was yesterday and I wanted to have this quilt (that I've been working on forever) all quilted up for him. I quilted on it all week, and got it finished by Friday.

I planned to get it bound on Friday and Saturday night after Bob turned in to bed, but he stayed up watching TV with me each night ~ totally out of character, he's usually an early bird and I'm more of a night owl. So I gave it to him yesterday with the promise to finish the binding this week :)
The quilting doesn't show up much on the front, but on the back it can be seen better.

I used this grey flannel from Jo Morton's Star Gazing flannels collection for the backing to make it a nice cuddly throw. Of course I am finding that every dog hair in our living room clings to it ~ maybe that will make it even warmer??

So yesterday Bob took the day off of work and we spent a wonderful day working on our kitchen, spending more money on the kitchen, and going out to lunch to celebrate another birthday. It was a good day :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

2 comments:

Karen said...

Your husband quilt is beautiful. The log cabin is my favorite block. I bet he was so happy to receive such a lovely gift.
Thanks so much for sharing. It's very inspirational.

Colleen said...

I love your Hubby's BD quilt, I love log cabin quilts. So nostalgic!!! Is it hand quilted? I really loved the comment about the dog hair making it warmer. Sooooo funny!!!
Have a great day!!!
Colleen