Monday, February 8, 2010

Great American Afghan

I am finding that the easiest way to keep my hands and mind busy while sitting in hospital and nursing home rooms has been knitting. These are the first two blocks completed for my Great American Afghan. (Again I'm keeping with my one-block-at-a-time theme that I seem to have going here in 2010).

The first one has a cat worked in to it, and although I made some mistakes (they're there, so don't look too closely) I think it still looks like a cat, so it's a keeper.

The second block has some heart shapes layed out in a pattern, and was a little easier than the cat using just a combination of knit and purl stitches. Knitting is easier to do in less than perfect lighting, and is a little more portable than my hand applique because there are less tools to take along... just the two knitting needles, yarn and a pattern sheet ~ Simplicity. :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

1 comment:

quiltingfrenzy said...

Your knitted blocks are looking great!