Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Hopefully I'm Back

Hospital rooms, case workers, Medicare, rehab facility, another trip to the ER, back to the rehab facility, physical therapy, hospital food, some of the nicest nurses God has put on this earth, medical care plans...that was my week in a nutshell (hopefully yours was more fun). Dad is now settled into the rehab center and his hip is healing well.

So now I'm getting some computer time and trying to catch up on my email. Thank you for all of the sweet messages and emails that I received ~ during some of the really crumby moments my little Blackberry would bling and make me smile with a word of encouragement from one of my blogging friends. That meant so much!

Hopefully we'll be getting back into the swing of things here this week. I did get some good hospital-room-knitting-time/therapy in and finished my socks, and am working on my Great American Afghan blocks. (My Dad, who is not fully conscious of what is going on around him at all times, looked at me at one point and said, "Don't you ever get tired of doing that?") I guess I needed a lot of knitting therapy. I hope to get back in front of a sewing machine some time this week too, and maybe prepare some hand applique to work on as well...I think I'm starting to suffer from withdrawal symptoms :)

Enjoy the Day!
~ Dawn

3 comments:

allsewnup said...

I hope your week takes an upswing.
Those are cosy looking socks.

Carolyn

Rita said...

I'm so happy your father is doing better. The socks look great!

QuilterMary said...

HURRAY you're back and those socks are FAB-O!!