Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Coloring!

I've been playing with colored pencils lately, and it's been fun!  I found these fun challenges on Spoonflower where you design a fabric based on a theme.  You know I like playing with the challenges ~ they stretch me to do something different than I'd normally do.  The current Spoonflower challenge contest theme is Rain, so thinking of Springtime (actually I was really pining for Springtime), my entry is called "Showers & Flowers".  You can go here and vote for your favorite Rain entry before April 13th. 

I actually have three designs on my Spoonflower page now.  The first one I did is called Rocking the Day Away.  I've been on a rocking horse kick lately, and have some other projects in the works using a rocking horse.  And that has a coordinate fabric with ABC blocks all over.  In Spoonflower you can click on a fabric swatch and then choose to see it in different sizes which is kind of fun to do.  The above views are roughly a fat quarter size.

My little drawings are a humble start.  I don't have Photoshop software (nor would I know how to use it if I had it...and I don't have the time to learn it right now, but maybe someday...), so like I said, I'm doing mine the old fashioned way, drawing and coloring with colored pencils ~ and it's actually been a lot of fun to get off of the computer and just create :) 

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

No comments: