Sunday, April 10, 2011

Quilt Retreating


I just spent a few days with some very good friends, sewing up a storm on a Quilt Retreat!  It was a great couple of days playing with fabric.

I sewed the whole time on my new little toy ~ my first Featherweight.  I bought this from Starlyn to add to my little sewing machine collection that I have going, and it sews beautifully :)

And I finished my Buffalo Ridge quilt!  The blocks and flying geese were swapped with Mary and Starlyn a while back, and at the retreat I put it all together for a completed top.   (The pattern can be found in the book called Nickel Quilts).

Cappy, the hostess of our reterat (she offered up her little beach house in Edgewater MD for us), had the first finish with this beauty. 

Made with bandanas!  This is a UFO from I think she said the 1980's made from a collection of bandanas that she had amassed back when they were popular to wear.  The colors were amazing.

And since I like to use retreats to pull out UFOs, I also "finished" my Snowbound quilt.  It's from Bunny Hill Designs BOM last year.  I kept up with the BOM pretty well at the beginning of the year, but after finishing five of the snowmen applique blocks, I decided that five was enough, so this is how I set mine. 

For the Jo fans, here is Starlyn's first finish of the weekend ~ a little Courthouse Steps mini quilt from the Jo Morton Club at the shop.  There were many more finishes by others, some I snapped pictures of but they were blurry, and some I missed altogether.  And I had to leave the retreat early for some weekend fun with my little grand daughters, so I'm sure I missed seeing even more of the finishes. 

 But even when we weren't sewing, the views were wonderful.  

These sights were literally steps away from the house that we stayed in.  It was a lovely way to spend a few days ~ Thanks again Cappy!

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

2 comments:

Carol said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time...love your Buffalo Ridge.

Rita said...

I love your Buffalo Ridge quilt. I even have that book...I'll have to go check it out.