Thursday, April 25, 2013

UFO Challenging


I'm participating in an UFO Challenge with my Sit & Stitch group and this month's number is #4.  Well back when I made my list, I decided #4 should be to sew my Swap Blocks together into a top (this is from a swap that I was doing with my Sewing Buddies last Fall)...however to do this, I need to have finished my Swap Blocks right?!

...So I first set out to get those Swap Block finished ~ Mary & Starlyn: I have your blocks ready for you...finally :)

...Then when I started arranging them up on the design wall, I patted myself on the back for noticing that this block was wrong (Notice in the photo above that the top right 4-patch unit is rotated wrong).  So I did a little un-sewing, then re-sewing and I fixed it... Then...

...I sewed all the blocks into rows, and then the rows together...and only Then did I spot another one. ~ Do you see it?

Yep, there it is.  Another 4-patch unit is rotated wrong on that brown block...Don't you hate it when that happens!  Well, there is a bright side ~ I spotted it before I layered it and quilted it all up :)

So like any good quilter, I quit for the night, and started auditioning borders instead.  The repair will wait until later.

By the way, let me know if you spot any more!

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

4 comments:

QuilterMary said...

Way to go!

Kathleen said...

The quilter's version of Where's Waldo?

Laura said...

okay, I thought it was hard to spot even after the enlarged picture!!! I'd be tempted to leave it!

The Slow Quilter said...

Not sure, put the quilt looks great. No change needed, let someone find it.