Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Any Honey Bee Sightings Yet?

I haven't had any honey bee sightings in my garden yet, so I made this wool felt picture from a pattern that I got at Quilt Market. It's called Faith...Family...Friends by Ewe-nique Creations, and the pattern makes three 8" x 10" framed pictures of different flowers and primitive words stitched on, and each one has a little honey bee (If you like to work with wool I have one pattern left here in my ebay store).

I only made this one, it is "Faith" and the flower is Lavender Larkspur. I love how the flower, leaves and bee are 3 dimensional, you can almost smell the lavender!

I framed it in a black oval frame that has a vintage feel that I found at Joanne's Fabrics. (And for anyone who is not into working with wool, I have the finished product for sale here in my etsy store.)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

1 comment:

Pat said...

Very pretty and.....just so you know...we have had honey bees now in southern Delaware, so they have come back now this spring!