Monday, March 1, 2010

Sometimes a Little TLC Is In Order

There are times when we all feel like we are coming apart at the seams ~ when a little TLC is in order to get us back to where we need to be.

This little gal was feeling a little rough around the edges and feeling her age...

...Like she was just falling apart ~ after the February I had, I can relate.

So without taking away too many of her original stitches, it was my pleasure to work on her this month,

to repair the loose seams, and add blanket stitching to stabilize the edges of her dress.

It's been good therapy this month to spend time working on repairing some antique quilts for a friend of mine. There are two more that I'll be working on ~ I'll keep you posted on their progress and show the entire quilts soon :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

2 comments:

allsewnup said...

She is lovely. It reminds me of a pillowcase my Mom made for me when I was about 5! You've also given me an idea ;) Thank you!

Carolyn

Pat said...

Nice job....and I'm sure your friend appreciates how you are restoring the antique quilts.