Friday, March 26, 2010

How Time Flies

Wow, I just realized that this Sunday is Palm Sunday. Easter is almost here ~ time is flying again this year (what's up with that?). So anyway, in honor of the Easter season, here are a couple of blocks that I've recently done to get you in the Easter spirit. The first one is part of Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs' "A Tisket A Tasket" block of the month quilt from last year. You'll see these blocks here throughout the year as I didn't finish them last year, so I'm working on them bit by bit. They are still on my design wall.

And this block is part of the "Be Attitudes" quilt by Nancy Halorsen of Art to Heart. This poor bunny looks like how I feel getting ready for the Easter festivities :)

This is what I've been sewing on this week at the shop ~ kind of Springy. With everything that has been keeping me busy lately, I'm a little behind, these are blocks 1 - 7 of the Thimbleberries Club for this year ~ we are doing the "Midnight" colorway. (For those of you who are participating in our club, the Thimbleberries Club fabrics that were backordered finally came in this week and we now have the kits cut for blocks 1 - 4. So Thimbleberries Club will happen for April!)

...And on a side note, I heard one of my favorite songs first thing this morning. I'll be singing it all day long now, but it's making me smile ~ thank you John Lennon.
And when the night is cloudy
There is still a light that shines on me
Shine on until tomorrow, let it be

I wake up to the sound of music
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be

There, now it's stuck in your heads too :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

1 comment:

Karen said...

I like the fabric choice you made for the bunny in the Bunny Hill block. And I like your second bunny block very much. Cute, cute!