Thursday, May 6, 2010

Better Late Than Never

It's been deadline central around here lately. My son's college classes are winding down, so he has been frantic with assignments, I've had financial deadlines to meet for my dad, and I've been busy with meeting deadlines for publications, and the quilt shop. I made this sample for the quilt shop to have in time for the quilt show last week (And Sew It Goes was a vendor at the show). It's called Wild Rose Quilt from Pat Sloan's Quilt the Seasons Book 2.

Well, I mostly had met the deadline on this one. I had it up as a sample at the show, but most of the applique was just fused down...And today I got to stay home and sew, so I completed the blanket stitching today.

Then since I had a day with my sewing machine, I finished this one for a Mountain Baby Blanket donation. I have had this panel for quite a while. Today I simply finished the quilting on it and put some binding on.

All ready to ship! That's two finishes in one day ~ Hopefully I can be even half as productive tomorrow :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

1 comment:

Carol said...

You did a great job on the sample for the shop...that was a ton of blanket stitch...Wonderful Mountain Baby Blanket. Some little one will love it!