Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Last Look at Minneapolis

One last post with a few little fun things from Minneapolis...

Just to show you what a fun city Minneapolis was, I even snapped pictures of cool structures as we walked about town, I couldn't resist sharing my two favorites :)

Back at the Convention Center...I look so tired ~ but happy! When checking out the Accuquilt booth, I happened to pick up a flyer of Quiltwoman.com patterns that use the Go! Cutter, and there was my Circle Gets the Square pattern. I had no idea this flyer existed ~ It was such a surprise, and I was so thrilled that Heather had to snap my picture with said flyer. What can I say, it doesn't take much to make our day here :)

And while at the Accuquilt booth, we also got excited about some of the new dies for the Go! Cutter. This is the Basket Block, the Rose of Sharon applique, and the 4" Quarter Square Triangles (there are more new ones, like the Blazing Star, and a new Ricky Tims applique, but these three were my favorites). And for the icing on the cake, when I returned home, my local shop, And Sew It Goes, already had the new dies in stock, so now these three babies are mine :)

Another item from Market worth a mention is this cute little sewing desk from Arrow Cabinets. I just love it in this pistachio color! It wasn't new this year, it caught my eye last year in Pittsburgh, so I'm thinking that means I might just need to have one...

And to close out our trip, here is a view from our hotel. We were only on the 5th floor, but the city evening was still a wonderful sight. Don't forget to leave a comment on my last post to be included for a chance at the give-away! Random number is being picked tomorrow, so don't delay :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

2 comments:

Stephanie in Michigan said...

That little cabinet keeps catching my eye every time I see it, too! I don't know if it's the color or the design. :-)

Miriam said...

I love that sewing cabinet!!!
Must be because green is my favourite colour. lol